Job ID: 222585
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner Internal Medicine
Additional Job Information
Title: Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner Internal Medicine and Surgical Co-Management
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Dell Seton Medical Center
Department: SUUPG Internal Medicine Services
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours, Weekly
At Seton, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As part of Ascension's Texas Ministry Market we do this through collaboration. Seton brings great minds and proven results from the across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections we make within our community, we reach out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, our future looks brighter than ever.
We do this in force. With more than 12,800 associates, Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. We serve an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people. We have five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured, and an increasing number of storefront care locations.
We do this with vision. Since our founding in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin --- expanding thoughtfully and with purpose; caring for our neighbors, because we know them so well. As a non-profit with a mission --- rather than a bottom line --- guiding us, improving health at a community level is our number one priority.
It’s our home, and our heart.
Located at the center of Texas hill country --- just a few hours from Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio --- Austin offers an appealing blend of hometown comfort and high-tech care. Whether you are looking for a vibrant nightlife and live music, recreational areas and activities, family-friendly fun, or educational offerings, Austin is a city that not only calls to you, but gently encourages you to sit down and stay awhile.
With cultural diversity, a mild climate (and truly great outdoors), attractive and affordable housing options, and no state income tax, Austin is a feel-good choice for a rewarding way of life.
The way we connect,
the lives we affect.
The Seton Healthcare Family is always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our close-knit team means performing to a higher standard. Embracing innovation, while understanding the importance of individual connections. And continually collaborating, learning and growing to realize new levels of personal and professional satisfaction.
Dell Seton Medical Center (DSMC) in Austin, Texas, is seeking three physician assistants or advanced practice nurses to work on an inpatient medical-surgical co-management team. DSMC is a part of the Seton Healthcare Family, and a member of Ascension, the largest non-profit healthcare system in the United States.
As part of this team, you will collaborate with a dedicated group of professionals to provide evidence-based management of general internal medicine patients, in addition to perioperative management of major surgical procedures relating to surgical oncology, neurosurgery, vascular, orthopedics, and other surgical subspecialties. As a pioneer of this newly created clinical team, you will also shape and build relationships with key community stakeholders, provide input into the development of protocols and policies, and help track success by identifying performance metrics.
This is a unique opportunity for APPs to join our growing, nurturing, and award-winning hospitalist group. Our current PAs and medical director received the 2017 Outstanding MD-PA Partnership Award from the Texas Academy of PAs!
Opened in May of 2017, Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a 517,000 square foot, 211-bed community teaching hospital, the centerpiece of a new downtown health district, and the city’s only Level I trauma center. At DSMC, clinical providers receive training, conduct groundbreaking research, and implement new treatments. In strong partnership with our neighboring Dell Medical School, we pursue excellence by striving for affordability, experience, well-being, and safety.
- Admissions, daily rounding, and discharge planning.
- Develops efficient, effective, high-value care plans, and communicates those plans appropriately to the rest of the care team.
- Maintains appropriate and thorough patient charts including History & Physical, daily notes, and discharge summaries.
- Orders and correctly interprets diagnostic studies.
- Conducts timely and accurate medication reconciliations.
- Provides patient education.
- Actively participates in and embraces interprofessional and multidisciplinary care.
- Participates on, and potentially leads, quality and process improvement committees and projects.
- No call.
- No OR time.
- Competitive compensation based on regional and national market reports and commensurate with experience.
- Family health insurance including vision and dental.
- Health savings account with employer contribution.
- 403b retirement account with employer contribution.
- Medical malpractice coverage.
- Long and short-term disability.
- Life insurance.
- CME allowance.
- Relocation assistance - out-of-state candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner with Prescriptive Authority specializing in Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Master's Level Degree
- Masters degree is required upon job transfer or hire date.
Two (2) years of specialty experience relevant to the position is preferred.
- Experience managing both medical and surgical patients in the hospital setting.
- 1 to 2 years demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in quality improvement, and or process improvement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.