Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is seeking a Certified Surgical Tech for Full Time employment.
The Surgery Department has 5 OR suites
Procedures Include: Orthopedic, General, GYN, Robotic (General/GYN), Plastic, and GI lab
Operating Devices: DaVinci Si robot, C-Arm, and Hana Table
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Call required - Response time 45 minutes
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Graduate or G.E.D.
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 years of Surgical Tech experience in General, Ortho, GYN and/or Robotics preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy,surgical procedures and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Performs accurate sharp, sponge and instrument counts at appropriate times with documentation.
- Laboratory/pathology specimens labeled correctly on surgical field.
- Applies and maintains asepsis in the OR suite.
- Recognizes breaks in aseptic technique or sterilization process and takes measures to correct.
- Verifies that necessary equipment and supplies are available for planned procedures.
- Utilizes hospital-approved abbreviations list.
- Make sure documentation supports and meets regulatory requirements
- Complete Safety checklists/quality controls as required.
- Utilizes two patient identifiers before administering medications.
- Utilizes verbal order read back process for verbal or telephone orders and critical lab values.
- Verifies correct sterilization method is utilized for specific instruments and equipment.
- Performs procedure for time-out, including confirmation or correct patient, correct site and correct procedure.
- Follows handwashing guidelines.
- Age specific care provided to promote optimal outcomes, knowledge base of disease processes and effects of traumatic injuries.
- Equipment appropriate to age group is utilized.
- Attends inservices on new equipment and supplies.
- Checks unit communication weekly, attends required staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned,
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Flex Dollars, Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union