Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a full time Clinical Lab Assistant for their Laboratory. This position will be in processing.
• Part Time; 3rd Shift
• Thursday - Saturday; 2230 - 0700
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience:
• Highly Prefer: Processing Experience
• Prefer: 6 months experience as a phlebotomist or completion of a one semester course in phlebotomy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills
• Proficient in basic computer skills
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Receiving, processing and labeling specimens in accordance with lab policies and procedures.
• Moderate complex testing
• Follows laboratory procedures for handling unacceptable specimens
• Resolves pending specimen issues
• Follows established laboratory test procedures
• Communicates and documents relevant patient data to appropriate person
• Demonstrates the ability to overlap tasks in a manner that enhances overall productivity with minimum supervision (Multitask) Demonstrates willingness and ability to follow through on problem issues related to patient care.
• Respects the value of equipment, products, and supplies in a responsible manner.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.