Allergy-Immunology Rare Disease Ruconest Nurse Advocate
DO NOT MISS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO UTILIZE YOUR CLINICAL SKILLS IN A FIELD-BASED CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR ROLE!
Now is the time to demonstrate how your clinical expertise, patient advocacy and educator profile can be utilized within the pharmaceutical industry! You have overcome challenges, you have peers, patient and caregivers listening to your clinical advice; your empathetic ear provides comfort and experience as you educate them on new therapies.
Job Purpose: To deliver educational support to identified patients enrolled into the program and starting a self-administered infused therapy. To deliver clinical knowledge, expertise and educational support to identified Healthcare Professionals (Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Infusion Nurses, Medical Assistants, and other allied healthcare professionals) to help increase their knowledge and understanding of the disease state and approved product indication(s) in order to meet all relevant standards as set by the company and program management.
Role Specifics Overview:
Disease Area: Allergy/Immunology, Rare Disease
Treatment supported: Infused Product
Patient facing, infusion and disease education
Patient education on client support services
HCP education on program, infusion, and client support services
* Provide educational support to identified patients on the infusion technique for approved medication and provide ongoing support to support adherence to therapy and ensure patients are connected to the appropriate support services offered by the client.
* Provide disease state and approved product related educational support to Healthcare Professionals as agreed by the client and Client Account Manager.
* Present educational programs to Healthcare Professionals in accordance with the needs of each office.
* Work with client sales force, help identify and remove access barriers for patients.
* Present to Healthcare Professionals on the status of identified patients related to educational support provided.
* Use only approved materials provided by Ashfield or by the client, without changing, copying or distributing the materials.
* Attend and complete all training courses and related competency assessments that Ashfield requires, to an appropriate standard and within a specified timeframe.
* Develop and strengthen relationships with key customers.
* Constantly consider new and innovative approaches that potentially develop new partnership opportunities.
* Complete all required administrative responsibilities in a timely manner. Some of these could include but are not limited to; daily computer updates, weekly summary of activity reports, emails and monthly expense reports.
* Maintain professional registration and/or licensing as required by applicable state laws.
* Attend local and national meetings and/or conferences, as required, to keep abreast of plans, activities and developments and to exchange knowledge and experience within the team.
* Maintain all company equipment and materials in accordance with company instructions
* Comply with all Ashfield Policies and Procedures, along with all Client Policies and Procedures as required.
* Be contactable during working hours to answer queries
* Possess a full valid US driver's license at all times and to notify the company immediately of any offences or accumulation of penalty points.
* Perform other duties as requested.
* Qualified Registered Nurse with current state license
* Associates Degree/Bachelors/BSN or equivalent work related experience
* Minimum of 3 years' disease state working in Allergy-Immunology preferred
* Experience within pharmaceutical industry as clinical educator or in sales preferred
* Product Education (ie. MOA, infusion training, wastage and handling, dose modification) required
* Demonstrate effective and professional communication
* Ability to present to various groups of people including physicians and other members of the office staff
* Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
* Demonstrable organizational skills
* A self-starter with high personal motivation
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to update professional knowledge base regularly
* Willingness to travel in assigned territory
Job Location: The jobholder is required to be field-based, with frequent travel
Ashfield is an international healthcare services organization that redefines outsourcing. Ashfield Commercial & Medical Services supports the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare professionals and patients at all stages of the product life-cycle.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more, visit us at www.ashfieldhealthcare.com/en/about-en/
If you want to make a difference in the healthcare industry, we want to hear from you!
Ashfield Healthcare, LLC provides a competitive compensation, 401k benefits, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Ashfield is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.