Education: Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program.
Experience: Two years of clinical experience, with 1 in an outpatient setting preferred. Advanced clinical experience in outpatient vestibular/orthopedics, industrial medicine, neurology, rheumatology or gerontology preferred.
Other Requirements: CPR certification within 3 months of employment. Current Florida licensure. Completion of original 3 hour HIV training and 1 hour per licensure period update requirement.
- Review evaluation, Plan of Care, and available progress notes prior to providing
- Provide physical therapy treatment to patients per the Plan of Care, under the supervision of the licensed physical therapist, and in accordance with the physician's prescription.
- Maintain required documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Maintain effective communication with supervising PT's, patients, families, physicians, and other co-workers.
- Maintain an appropriate daily schedule to maximize departmental efficiency and ensure quality patient care.
- Maintain treatment area, equipment, and supplies as par of the therapeutic process
- Participate in educational and professional activities that enhance self-, co-workers, and patient care.