CareMount Medical. P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing medical care of the highest quality to over 500,000 patients in 40 different locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946, CareMount Medical has grown to over 500 physicians and expert health partners representing 40 different medical specialties, with major campuses in Mount Kisco, Carmel, Fishkill, Jefferson Valley, Katonah, Kingston, Poughkeepsie, and Rhinebeck. CareMount Medical is affiliated with world-class organizations including the Massachusetts General Hospital and Mount Sinai Health System as well as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount Medical offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy suites, and infusion suites, as well as seven urgent-care centers, rendering comprehensive care in convenient locations. CareMount Medical physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications; dozens have been featured in lists including Westchester Magazine’s “Top Doctors”; Best Doctors; and Castle Connolly Medical’s America’s Top Doctors®.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming part of a wonderful organization with competitive pay and impressive benefits and are interested in clinical or non-clinical employment opportunities, apply now!
Currently, CareMount is looking to hire an LPN for our Internal Medicine for a full-time opportunity. We have multiple locations to choose from, excellent pay and benefits. Apply now!!!!
Position Overview: Following a physician established plan of treatment and working under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurses instruct patients and their families in proper treatment, help individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain health. The LPN will record symptoms and/or reactions and progress in patients, administer medications and assist in treatment in accordance with the Physician established plan of treatment.
• Responsible for interviewing patients, obtaining vital signs, preparing patients and assisting physicians with patient exams and treatment.
• Charting and clerical work as necessary to oversee phone prescriptions and refills to pharmacies.
• Perform triage with patient phone calls to identify priority and secondary situations.
• Perform injections and specific infusions under the direction of the physician and supervising Registered Nurse.
• Responsibility for all direct patient care activities as indicated by the Registered Nurse within the guidelines of the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Give direct patient care according to the treatment plan and individual patient needs as directed be the Physician or Registered Nurse.
• Provide appropriate information to assist the Registered Nurse in the preparation and maintenance of an effective patient care plan.
• Record the patient’s official record a detailed report of care given which reflects the treatment plan and specific aspects of the patient care plan.
• Restate instructions given to the patient by the Physician and Registered Nurse and refers any additional or new need for instruction to the Registered Nurse.
• May administer prescribe medications to patients under the specific policies and procedures.
• Perform selected prescribe treatment and nursing measures for the patient under specific guidelines.
• Notify the Registered Nurse of significant findings or changes in the patient’s physical or mental conditions.
• Ask questions when in doubt for clarification by the Registered Nurse.
• Interact effectively with other members of the medical staff.
• Insure privacy for patient and confidentiality of condition and personal information.
• Prepare and recording clinical notes for the clinical records.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Follow up Skills
• Customer Service
• Information presentation
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Skills
• Time Management