TalentBridge is recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an LPN within a leading plastic surgery practice. Wonderful setting and great culture!
The LPN is responsible for performing clinical duties and assisting or setting up minor procedures for the clinical practice and assisting in the care of both facial and body plastic postoperative clients. This is a fulltime position that requires approximately 90% of time standing/walking and about 10% of time sitting. No heavy lifting is involved.
- LPN Licensure from accredited school of nursing
- CPR certified
- More than 2 years’ experience as an LPN in the field of medicine.
- Work Experience with Dermatology and / or Plastic Surgery is a plus but not mandatory
- Experience and use of electronic medical records
- Understands proper way to educate clients, assess learning response.
- Ability to assess client and identify medical needs/concerns and the ability to communicate this to supervisory MD or NP provider.
- Ability to triage patients.
- Knowledge and ability to remove sutures, drains, dressings with thorough physical assessment skills. (Applicant will be trained on proper technique with our patient population)
- Ability to identify infection or hematoma
- Training in basic clinical/medical procedures.
- Basic computer operating knowledge-Microsoft word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of working with camera/downloading info into computer. (Will receive training)
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential patient information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, patients, and clients.
- Ability to follow precise direction, instructions, and system protocols.
- Ability to provide friendly, timely service to all patients and/or clients with questions or concerns.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assignments and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist physician, NP and RN in seeing post-op, follow-up, and new patients.
- Remove sutures, change dressings, remove JP drains, remove staples.
- Set-up and assist with minor procedures, collect specimens
- Take new patient photos and enter demographics into database
- Ability to use Nextech for making appointments, checking on appointments, adding notes and in general good understanding of all Nextech functioning.
- Return patient phone calls with answers to inquiries for any reason
- Full understanding of all injectables and ability to teach clients about these products.