Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas' most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region's premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who will be responsible for assisting the physician by providing preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as assisting the physician by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
This position is with Dr. Roy Lewis. See Link below to visit their profile.
The physician sees patients in our Mooresville office. Typically, his schedule is
- Monday, 8a-5p
- Tuesday, 8a-5p
- Wednesday, 10a-6:30p
- Thursday, 8a-5p
- Friday, 8a-5p
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document patient encounters properly in accordance to CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner
- Obtain vitals of patient including : Pulse, Respirations, Blood Pressure, Height, Weight ,Neck Circumference
- Provide clinical assistance for physician when appropriate (exam, in office procedures, administer prescribed medications prescribed emergency care in the event of a severe reaction surgical procedures and administer allergy serum injections subcutaneous , Drain removal, draw blood, and start IV lines for office procedures)
- Manage lab reports, procedure and office notes and outside documentation pertinent to patient care.
- Maintain stock of office and clinical supplies and order from appropriate vendor when needed
- Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families
- Maintain OSHA standards to ensure sterilized and safe environment.
- Maintain CEENTA Compliance standards in regards to patient demographics and medical information
Individuals must have performed necessary tasks to meet or exceed expectation of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related Nursing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team oriented attitude with an attention to details.
Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software
Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards (may vary by specialty and/ or physician)
Maintain proficiency in machines utilized to perform duties
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and appropriate document patient encounter within scope of responsibility. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Certificates and License:
Current and unrestricted Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Valid BLS card through American Heart Association required.
Change in expectations may occur with little to no notice and will be reviewed periodically.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care!