Reporting to the Director of Oncology Data Services, the Manager of Oncology Data Services will assist with further development of the business unit. This position will manage accounts, client relationships and consultants. The Manager of Oncology Data Services will also assist with the hiring and onboarding of new cancer registry consultants for the Oncology Data Services department.
- Client Management
- Manages client relationships to determine appropriate consultant(s) to staff client(s), coordinates consultant schedule, addresses HR requirements, oversees travel logistics and updates Oncology Data Consultant schedules.
- Manages appropriate staffing levels based on client need and keeps Oncology Data Services Management team abreast of any potential changes.
- Works closely with the Client Impact team to coordinate system access for all assigned account staff and works to resolve access problems.
- Participates in all client start up meetings.
- Participates in all ongoing client meetings to develop a relationship with the client.
- Serves as the primary contact for all client and consultant issues.
- Leads the function of client issue resolution, corrective action plans and on-going meetings to resolve problems.
- Assists in the development of the Oncology Data Services business unit, including developing new services and developing new structures for delivering our current services more efficiently.
- Staff Management
- Monitors employee hours, including adherence to company policies, payroll approval, entry of hours, and PTO approval.
- Documents overall performance contributions and results for Oncology Data Consultant continued education and for inclusion in the employee's annual performance evaluation.
- Recommends and participates in preparing annual performance reviews, salary recommendations, PIPs (Performance Improvement Plans), disciplinary actions, termination recommendations, etc.
- Dispenses appropriate disciplinary actions, using the Ciox Health's official documentation system to hold employees accountable for quality, attendance, and communication issues, as well as any other potential policy .
- Acts as a liaison between employees and other departments (HR, Payroll, etc.) to ensure all of their questions are answered and needs are being met.
- Assists with employee terminations and layoffs, including completion of appropriate paperwork, alerting (PRN) employees to upcoming layoffs/downtime, maintaining contact with said employees and providing continued information regarding the workflow, facilitating the return of equipment when applicable
- Oversees equipment and IT issues, including providing appropriate paperwork for replacement equipment in the event of IT issues (viruses, etc), providing appropriate paperwork for equipment return in those same cases, working with IT on issues of improper use of company issues equipment (in line with disciplinary duties)
- Develops, implements and monitors all aspects of Ciox's Oncology Data Consultant QA program in conjunction with Director, Oncology Data Services.
- Assists in the hiring process, including resume review, interviews of candidates, and grading/development of tests when necessary.
ADDITIONAL JOB COMPONENTS:
- Participates in formulating articles and associated writings related to the cancer registry profession for publication, and development and demonstration of educational presentations.
- Attends NCRA annual conference and works booth, as needed.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Complies with all CIOX Health Policies, specifically, attendance and punctuality.
- Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five – ten (5 – 10) years of experience in cancer registry
- Prior management experience required
- CTR required; and additional HIM certifications preferred
- Associate or Bachelors degree, preferred
- Credentials validation updates required cyclically
- Solid communication skills
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform all aspects of cancer registry profession work
- Knowledge of ACoS standards, NAACCR standards
- Computer skills to include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint