Manager - Pediatric Cardiovascular ICU
The Children's Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
The PICU units at The Children's Hospital are specially designed to meet the needs of children. All of the unit's physicians and nurses are pediatric specialists, and are focused on providing developmentally appropriate care. Coming in 2019 - a new 34-bed unit, resulting in a total capacity of 46 beds, to include PICU, CVICU, and Step-Down. PICU Services Unique to the Region: - Pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) - Pediatric Dialysis - Otolaryngology (ORL) or Ear, Nose and Throat services - Craniofacial disorders - Kidney Transplantation - Complex Thoracic Surgery The physician staff performs complicated surgeries that include heart, orthopedic, craniofacial, neurosurgery and complicated general surgeries. We have four Pediatric Intensive Care doctors on staff. We also have endocrinology, nephrology and hematology/oncology programs. Every nurse in the PICU is certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Many have National Pediatric Certifications and/or Pediatric Critical Care Nursing, Chemo or Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications. The PICU supports families and never tries to separate a child from their family. Families are part of the daily routine in caring for any child in the unit. They are consulted about their child's care and are involved at every level. All units at The Children's Hospital are focused on family-centered care. Watch this video to learn more about the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at The Children's Hospital!
Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned