University of Colo Hospital
1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours:
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
This is a full time day shift position, M-F 80 hours bi-weekly
Summary - Medical Assistant at UCHealth Family Medicine Boulder, join our team!
As a Medical Assistant, your primary responsibilities will be to provide technical and skilled assistance in the daily functions of patient care delivery.
• Under the direction and supervision of a provider or nurse, assists with performing patient care.
• Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection. Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
• Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
• Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
• Manages patient flow with proper check in, rooming processes, communication with health care team and patient/family through the discharge process
Requirements (education, licensures, certification)
• High School Diploma/Equivalent
• American Heart Association BLS (must be valid through first 60 days of employment)
• Must be Certified or Registered as a Medical Assistant within 60 days of hire
• 1-2 years of experience as a medical assistant in a clinic setting
• Diploma from a formal Medical Assistant program through an accredited school or documentation of a medical assistant program such as military prepared corpsman or medic
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.