UCHealth Medical Group - South
UCHlthMG General Vascular Surg
1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours:
Monday - Friday
Requisition # 72599
• Department: UCHealth Medical Group, South. Colorado Springs
General Vascular Surgery
• Full-time/First Shift/Days/ M-F
• 80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary– Medical Assistant
Assist physicians and nurses with clinic preparations and patient documentation to support patient centered care in an ambulatory practice setting as part of a collaborative team. Assist with procedures and provide skilled clinical tasks and laboratory procedures as delegated and supervised by a Healthcare Professional
• Assist with patient check in, exams, office procedures, and minor office surgeries including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical record. Administer injections and oral medications as ordered by physician or nurse. May participate in specimen collection.
• Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medications list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol. Document care provided per established guidelines. Document prescription refill requests per clinic guidelines. Provide patient education resources as instructed.
• Review clinical reports, referring physician records, and pre-visit test results. Address urgent issues and forward to physician or nurse.
• Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient's visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per department protocol.
• Schedule tests and procedures (including radiology, cardiology, and respiratory) utilizing the hospital and clinic computer systems. Review results with patient and physician as necessary.
• Obtain pre-authorization for referrals as required by individual insurance companies. Complete necessary paperwork. Assist with discharge process.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire.
Due to the nature of responsibilities for Medical Assistants within the above stated department, the below preferences are requirements for consideration.
• Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
o Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT),
o Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
o Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Health career Association (NHA)
o National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
• Completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited institution and ability to obtain registration/certification from one of the above certifying bodies within 60 days of hire.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.