Advanced ENT & Allergy is looking for Medical Assistants to flourish in our Kentucky & Southern Indiana offices. We are seeking professional, patient-centered candidates who are able to work Monday - Friday and willing to travel to other offices when needed. If this is you...please keep reading!
Our Medical Assistants are responsible for both the clinical and administrative areas to include assisting physicians with patient care and clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. S/he provides information to our patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from our clinical services.
Patient Care :
- Organize patient flow
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient; confirm purpose of visit
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test, including but not limited to: blood pressure; weight; temperature; etc.
- Record details of chief complaint(s) and history of present illness in EHR
- Assist physicians with minor office procedures, including but not limited to: nasal packing removal; application & removal of dressings; suture removal; various other procedures
- Provide pre- & post-op patient education
- Triage patient messages
- Answer calls & provide pertinent information
- Under direction of the physicians, call in prescription/refills to pharmacies
- Relay instructions to patients/families
Clerical Administration :
- Schedule outpatient lab, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.
- Schedule, cancel &/or reschedule appointments
- Obtain lab/radiology reports, hospital notes & the like
- Enter patient demographics in EHR
- Manage & update patient EHR records to ensure information is complete & accurate
- Obtain insurance carrier prior authorization for medications, CT scans, etc.
- Obtain patient signatures for surgery consents
- Complete patient FMLA, other disability forms &/or relevant paperwork
- Scribe &/or transcribe for physicians or at least a willingness to learn these skills
Keywords: LPN, CNA, medical assistant, technician, certified medical assistant