Job Title: Medical Secretary
The Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) is the nation's largest private academic plastic surgery practice serving Long Island and the New York metro area. Established in 1948, LIPSG has treated over half a million patients and developed many of the region's specialty centers including microsurgery, burn surgery, wound care, facial reanimation, peripheral nerve reconstruction, and cleft care.
The size of LIPSG and its connections to the community has always, and continue to, set the group apart from other practices in the region. The continually expanding partnership of surgeons provides the full spectrum of plastic and reconstructive surgery that no one else in the community can offer.
The Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant will deal with all clerical aspects regarding patient care and patient inquiries. The ideal candidate will interact with patients, insurance companies, and the physicians with issues related to billing, insurance, and appointments.
- Obtain referrals for all office visits and office surgical procedures when necessary.
- Prepare pre-certification/pre-surgical determination letters for surgical procedures.
- Scheduling of reconstructive surgical procedures to include coordination with outside facilities and outside physicians.
- Assisting patients with concerns or questions relating to visits, insurance, and surgical dates.
- Maintain patient records to ensure that the files are complete.
- Respond to attorney requests for medical records, medical reports, and physician appearance in court.
- Daily review of patient accounts in preparation for daily schedules.
- Filing of doctors continuing medical education requirements.
- Completion of hospital and insurance carrier re-appointment applications.
- Making appointments when necessary.