TOP 3 MUST HAVES:
*4-5 Years of Management Experience
*Necropsy or Histology Management Experience
*Experience with scheduling, Development of Departmental goals and timelines, Oversees training and cross training, Experience with putting together departmental budgets.
CLIENT JOB DESCRIPTION:
Has operational responsibility for the development and management of the Necropsy and Fetal Pathology groups. Provides the oversight and leadership of technical procedures conducted post-life. Assumes fiscal responsibilities for the department and assists in the production of departmental budgets. Actively contributes to the selection and recruitment of staff, recommends career progression and associated pay reviews. Ensures that studies are performed according to protocol requirements, adhere to departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations, and the guidelines in The Guide to the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals issued by the Institute for Laboratory Animal Research.
* Schedules work within and outside of the department. Manages physical resources and cooperates with other departmental managers in the efficient utilization of staff and in the management of overtime.
* Leads the selection, recruitment and appraisal of staff within the department and contributes to the development and completion of the division's primary objectives.
* Manages human resources, motivates staff and provides the necessary discipline to remain compliant with company procedures and policies.
* Develops, implements and executes succession-planning initiatives to support the current and future needs of the department.
* Ensures subordinates are adequately trained and oversees the cross-training program within their department.
* Produces the department's 'Verification of Staff Competency' documents, assesses staff competence and assumes the role of 'Section Assessment Grantor' as defined within the Training Records Database.
* Provides the leadership and processes necessary to focus the department's efforts towards improving productivity, quality of work and the welfare of animals.
* Interacts with Study Directors, quality of work and the welfare of animals.
* Prepares and implements new SOP's, and reviews and revises existing procedures.
* Promotes 'Best Practice', and co-operate with other supervisors in the refinement and harmonization of technical procedures and other business processes.
* Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocols, SOP's and regulatory requirements.
* Monitors the condition of equipment and facilities and take proactive steps to ensure operation efficiency and compliance with GLP and the American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) is maintained.
* Represents the company at professional meetings. Performs any other duties as required or assigned.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.