Nurse Practitioner (PMH-NP) Behavioral Health / Psychiatry – Per Diem
At Hartford HealthCare, we strive for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. Natchaug offers a variety of services including inpatient and partial hospital programs, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, older adult services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through its multi-site network of care, Natchaug constantly strives to meet its mission in Helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery. For more information visit about Natchaug Hospital.
Provide per diem psychiatric services on inpatient and outpatient units.
• Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
• Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines, including providing guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
• Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team to eliminate restraint and seclusion and to champion quality improvement projects.
• Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations and per regulatory requirements.
• Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
• Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
• Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
• Provide supervision to selected medical students, residents and non-physician health professionals.
Advanced Practitioner Benefits
- Exceptional training for both recent graduates and experienced practitioners
- Excellent compensation
- Enjoy significant daily collaboration with the regions top psychiatrists