OB/GYN Opportunity at True Health!
True Health, a private, non-profit 501 (c)(3) community health center with 8 locations has been servicing the Central Florida community since 1977. We take pride in our mission to provide high quality, comprehensive healthcare at a reasonable cost to everyone. We strive to be a beacon to the patients and families we serve through the conscientious work of the best healthcare professionals. Our services include adult and pediatric family practice, OB/GYN, dentistry, podiatry, pharmacy, laboratory, and x-ray as well as other specialties.
Provide in-patient and outpatient comprehensive OB/GYN services including preventive and health maintenance services, acute and chronic care, clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment as well as OB/GYN consultation services to True Health clinical staff and outside specialists who see True Health patients.
- Be familiar with True Health's programs, philosophies, goals, and objectives. Be cognizant of and comply with all policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws / regulations.
- Adhere to disease management protocols and key clinical pathways; use them to improve clinical performance.
- Participate in collaborative and health care programs of federal and state governments approved by the Senior Management.
- Work with QI/RM to insure compliance with clinical measures.
- Complete all required daily tasks on time. (Payroll timekeeping, encounter tickets, hospital encounters, evaluations, progress notes, etc.).
- Understand the requirements of True Health's Exposure Control Plan and assure compliance of play by support staff assigned to assist you.
- Personally utilize Universal Precautions when practicing in the clinical setting.
- Facilitate needed referrals, including social services for patients requiring services not offered at True Health, in coordination with referral coordinators and nurses according to True Health policy.
- Participate in staff outreach and off-site health care programs requiring OB/GYN services as requested by the Chief Medical Officer and represent True Health in the community.
- Precept Medical Students as assigned.
- Advise and assist ARNP and PA-C mid-level providers as needed in accordance with approved protocols and procedures.
- Complete all duties, responsibilities, and competencies in a manner that is appropriate to the age groups to whom care/services are being provided.
- Assist in the review of primary care protocols and patient education materials in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and Associate Medical Director.
- Provide necessary information and signatures for participation in reimbursement arrangements, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and other plans.
- Review incoming reports (lab, x-ray, EKG, etc), sign off, and follow up when indicated.
- Maintain neat patient records with timely dictation of SOAP notes and current Chronic Problem and Medication lists.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of coding and billing requirements. Provide accurate coding information on encounter tickets that corresponds to care given and is documented in progress notes.
- Rotate to other True Health centers as needed to provide coverage.
- Provide off-hours, extended hours, and on-call duty as required.
- Report as needed to Chief Medical Officer and/or Associate Medical Director any pertinent information or situations that impact on patient care or True Health liability.
- Provide a leadership role for medical support staff. Provide support and encouragement to Clinical Lead and Center Manager.
- Attend and participate in mandatory True Health meetings (Site-specific meetings, True Health quarterly staff meetings, corporate meetings, and other meeting as designated by the Chief Medical Officer or CEO.)
- Participate in Peer Review activities as requested by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Assist with the recruitment of other physicians and clinical staff in collaboration with HR and Associate Medical Director.
- Make recommendations to the Chief Medical Officer regarding the purchase of clinical supplies, instruments, and equipment, and repair and/or maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other members of the clinical team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Maintain neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Perform all surgical procedures using sterile techniques and CDC guidelines.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriate by the Chief Medical Officer or CEO.
- Other responsibilities as assigned