Licensure: Licensed Occupational Therapist
Hours: PRN or Part Time
About the Opportunity:
Clarion Wellness and Rehabilitation is hiring for a PRN or Part Time Occupational Therapist to join our in-house therapy team. We are growing and need your clinical expertise! Enjoy a fun work atmosphere, an amazing gym and state of the art equipment, a diverse patient population and the opportunity to create and implement the programs that will best serve the needs of your patients. In return for your clinical excellence and professional passion, we can offer you competitive pay and ongoing professional development opportunities.
Clarion Nursing & Rehabilitation receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Screen and/or evaluate patients within forty‑eight (48) hours of physician referral
- Develop effective treatment plans and obtain approval for services from referring physician
- Treat patients according to the physician treatment plan
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice acts and adherence to facility Supervision Policy and Procedure Matrix
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans
- Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences
- Participate in in‑service training program for other staff in the facility
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, HCFA therapy cert/POC forms, per the facility’s policy and procedure
- Record treatment changes daily per policy and procedure
- Instruct patient's families or nursing staff in maintenance programs
- Participate in discharge planning
- Coordinates necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate safety and independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars
- Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order
- Comply with the Occupational Therapy Practice Act in the state and the facility’s policy and procedures
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you a Occupational Therapist who is eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring Occupational Therapists who exhibit the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
Clarion Wellness and Rehabilitation Center
110 13th Avenue SW
Clarion, IA 50525
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.