Orthopedic OR Team Coordinator (RN) - Cape Fear Valley Health - Fayetteville, NC
Cape Fear Valley Health System is currently seeking an Orthopedic OR Team Coordinator (RN) to join our team.
Excellent Pay & Benefits!
Flexible schedules available!
Cape Fear Valley's orthopedic surgery program is rated as one of the best in the nation by HealthGrades.
The Orthopedic OR Team Coordinator (RN) oversees the Ortho Specialty Unit of the main OR. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completes the performance evaluation for personnel assigned to the team.
- Evaluates the adequacy and appropriateness of patient care equipment, supplies and environment and makes provision for adjustments as required for these needs on all shifts.
- On a rotating basis, is responsible for monthly time and call schedules with regard to surgery schedule and PTO requests.
- Suggests and supports needs for capital equipment and operational expenses.
- Provides verbal and written information regarding needed equipment and surgeon agreement to use equipment.
- Identifies education or training needs of team members, follows up with plan of action for meeting those needs and reassesses team members after training.
- Communicates with the surgeons particularly in the defined specialty areas of responsibility regarding technological changes and related information.
- Implements the disciplinary process according to defined hospital policies.
- Discusses need for disciplinary action with the Patient Care Manager for complex situations and takes actions in disciplining staff when or if an emergency situation.
- Maintains professional competence in nursing techniques and practices and stays current in trends in OR nursing.
- Supports patients in the practice of the cultural and spiritual beliefs within limits of the medical regimen.
- Adjusts patient care based on the age specific physiological and psychosocial needs of patients typically served.
- Completes accurate charges for patient services and participates in cost containment.
- Participates in educational performance improvement activities.
- Current licensure in North Carolina as a Registered Nurse or Compact state licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Masters in Nursing is a plus.
- Completion of a basic management program is desirable.
- Requires progressive experience of at least three (3) years in operating room nursing in the focus area(s).
- Management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Certified or seeking CNOR certification.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration