The Pathology Assistant position requires comprehensive knowledge of Anatomic Pathology processes, scientific principles, practices, concepts, and theories providing or sound independent work. Performs complex tissue dissection and oversees efficient daily operations ofthe Gross Dissection Laboratory of the Anatomic Pathology Department. This is a 6 month contract position at Parkland Hospital in the Medical District of Dallas, TX.
- Gross all biopsy specimens.
- Assist and instruct residents in grossing large biopsy and surgical specimens.
- Provide photography services for gross room.
- Assist and instructs residents in performing frozen sections.
- Assist with autopsies.
- Assist in the accessioning of specimens coming into the gross room.
- Must have a Bachelor or Master degree in laboratory science or a related science field from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Must have successfully completed a NAACLS accredited Pathologists’ Assistant program.
- Two years of experience as a Pathologists’ Assistant under the supervision of a board certified anatomic pathologist
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer