Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Patient Meal Services Supervisor to work Full Time and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range is Min. $20.38/hr to Max. $32.63/hr - Based on relevant experience
• Full Time – 40 Hours
• 5:30 am – 2:00 pm
• 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm
• Rotating weekends and holidays
• Utilize advance knowledge of therapeutic diets, food allergies and medical nutrition therapy to uphold patient safety and satisfaction standards.
• Continuously ensuring employees are proficient with diet, food allergy, and food safety knowledge by evaluating, coaching, and holding staff accountable to set standards.
• Perform regular in-services with patient meal services and call center employees to increase nutrition related knowledge base of staff.
• Manage daily employee position assignments and flow of service for call center and patient meal tray delivery.
• Provide excellent customer service and service recovery.
• Perform applicable audits, and monitor trends in TrayMonitor and call center metrics.
• Proactively seeks continuous improvement opportunities to reduce call wait and delivery time.
• Make independent decisions that affect daily operations, staffing, projects in the work group and/or department, control costs, maintain/improve efficiencies, and improve patient satisfaction.
• Make critical decisions and provide guidance to employees and patients regarding nutrition related needs.
• Appropriately coach, train, mentor, reward, schedule, evaluate and counsel employees in patient meal services and call center.
• Hold employees accountable to performance and policy standards consistently and appropriately.
• Interview candidates and advise on new hire selections.
• Assists and ensure employees are up-to-date with mandatory positional requirements within the department, Employee Health, and Human Resources.
• Monitors department areas for compliance with food safety and sanitation standards.
• Proficient in HACCP standards and is able to educate staff members.
• Seeks resolution, communicates with leadership and follows through in a timely fashion for problems that arise with maintenance, information services, and environmental services.
• Communicates professionally and interactively with all patients and hospital personnel.
• Act as a nutrition resource by providing professional verbal, written, and electronic communications as needed.
• Maintain open and effective communication with all employees and leadership, including responding to all communication requests in a timely fashion.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by the Manager/Director.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Service Management, Nutrition Dietetics, Culinary, or related degree.
• 2 years relevant food service experience in a high volume restaurant, hospital, or other institution.
• Meet and maintain all city, state and federal certification standards (i.e. registered food service manager_ within 60 days of hire
• And RD – Registered Dietitian upon hire.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills, effective communication skills, good organizational skills, and positive customer service skills.
• Must also demonstrate skills in making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of therapeutic diets, diet allergies, and medical nutrition therapy.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Be sure to click on the links below for an introduction to THR Food Nutrition Services as well as what former and current employees are saying about THR!
Front of the House: https://youtu.be/YBua-rauWJQ
Back of the House: https://youtu.be/sP0zw_0du5I
For a complete list of Texas Health's Awards & Recognitions click on the link below.