To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/Quality, Customer Experience, and Stewardship through friendly, rapid and accurate patient support, including completion of patient registration documentation, appointment scheduling and assistance with a variety of departmental projects and clerical duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports the organizations mission, vision and value statement.
- Completes work within authorized time to ensure compliance with department standards.
- Maintains established benchmarks as related to assigned tasks and shows continual growth and improvement in benchmarks.
- Pre-registers, pre-certifies and schedules patients accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processes and maintains all schedules for area of responsibility, runs schedules daily,
forwards to appropriate departments and/or individuals in a timely manner. Communicates schedule changes as needed.
- Assembles charts accurately; verifies correct patient name, orders applicable records, verifies charge information is on chart.
- Shows commitment to individual and departmental Continuous Quality Improvement
and organizational operational effectiveness.
- Adheres to all HFMG policies to ensure patient’s privacy and the confidentiality of the Health Information.
- Provides general reception duties including\: greeting and assisting customers in a timely and courteous manner with a willing and helpful attitude.
- Answers telephones properly, courteously, and tactfully with the public, physicians, outside businesses, and other departments.
Directs calls to the appropriate party and transfers when appropriate. Takes complete and accurate messages.
- Responds to phone messages in a timely manner.
- Maintains physician and mid-level provider patient appointment schedules.
- Facilitates patient appointments and referrals in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Provides superior customer service focused on professional and effective communication with patients and co-workers.
- Engages patients who have been waiting past their appointment time notifying the patients of any delays.
- Understands the impact of actions, attitudes, and the patient’s perception as it relates to overall customer satisfaction and be self-aware of how your role affects the customer’s experience.
- Obtains demographic and insurance information from patient in a pleasant, efficient manner and inputs data accurately into the patient management system.
- Verifies patient’s eligibility of insurance utilizing assigned tools and resources, updates demographic and insurance as needed and copies information into the patient’s account.
- Prepares a financial estimate of the anticipated price for the services to be rendered prior to the performance of services and communicates the information to the patient.
- Collects all current and past-due patient responsibility balances (i.e.,
co-payment, deductible, coinsurance, self-pay balances, retail products, bad debt balance) prior to services being rendered.
Performs daily reconciliation, balancing and cash out procedures.
Enters payments correctly into OTC and Cash Deposits systems.
Prepares the next day’s work for all scheduled patients to include the financial estimate of the patient responsibility balance.
Initiates IT work tickets to resolve equipment or system related issues.
Maintains documentation for service on equipment.
- Educational requirement of high school graduate and 1-2 years (Certified Administrative Professional), or two-year associate degree and 1 year of experience in either clerical role or healthcare environment; or high school graduate or equivalent and two years of experience is required.
- Typing 45 WPM.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and abbreviations desired.
- Ability to use or operate computer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to relate well to all customers.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.