We are currently seeking a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. The successful candidate will be responsible for working collaboratively with physicians and other health care professionals to provide primary health care to acute and chronic stable pediatric patients. S/he will possess excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with colleagues, support staff, and patients. We are open to full-time and part-time candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs and completes routine physical and follow-up exams.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical problems.
- Orders diagnostic tests, x-rays, medications, and immunizations as determined by the symptoms or illness of the patient.
- Refers patients to specialists for further care as needed.
- Educates and counsels patients on developmental milestones and issues as well as to promote positive health behaviors and disease prevention.
- Accurately records all pertinent information regarding patient history, physical diagnoses, and treatments in the clinic EHR.
- Works closely with clinical staff in coordinating and obtaining needed services for patients and families.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree Nursing
- Current California NP License required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Pediatrics or Family Practice
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Willing to work in LA and Orange county specifically in these areas (City of Industry, La Puente, Elmonte, Santa Ana, Valley Mall)