This position has potential to eventually be a telecommute role.
- Primary function includes speaking with eligible members over the phone, primarily via cold calling or answering an inbound AutoDialer, to offer telephonic services and schedule appointments for all pharmacy programs, for example medication therapy management services
- Place reminder calls to members & explain what the member can expect during their phone call with the pharmacist
- Provide information to qualified members about plan services and potential benefit and direct them via warm transfer to appropriate resources
- Obtaining information and performing data entry of reconciled medication lists, allergy history , vaccine history, medical conditions and other pertinent member-related information
- Engage with internal and external business entities as the point of contact to coordinate all member-related needs
- Maintain performance standards includes weekly / monthly call goals
- Assist with fulfillment of member letter communications
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Tennessee Pharmacy Technician license in good standing
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work from 9 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, including a rotating shift from 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m., EST approximately once a week. This shift is subject to change and can include weekends should business needs arise.
- 3+ years of Pharmacy Technician experience
- National Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB)
- MTM (Medication Therapy Management), CMS, and / or HEDIS experience
- Call center experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license