Physician Assistant – Surgery / Surgical
Backus Hospital is a 213-bed Hospital in Norwich Connecticut with numerous off-site locations, over 300 expert physicians offering a wide range of healthcare services. The Backus Hospital Emergency Department serves more than 60,000 people per year. This community hospital has been recognized by the American College of Radiology, American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer, College of American Pathologists, Joint Commission, American College of Surgeons, and The National Accreditation of Breast Centers.
Enjoy career within a growing collaborative surgical team of 9 surgical Physician Assistants. This team takes tremendous pride in a family like atmosphere filled with both new graduates and seasoned veterans. Members of this Surgical Physician Assistant team have autonomy while caring for complex patients and hands on experience with surgical specialties including:
- Full-time schedule is 40hrs/week from 6:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., with the option of taking call from home, or from an amenity filled suite within the hospital.
- The team works in the Operating Room with floor coverage for multiple specialties.
- This service is growing to offer 24/7 coverage which opens up avenues for career advancement opportunities.
- Market competitive benefits, compensation, retirement and more.
- New graduates welcomed with training, mentorship, and extended on-boarding!