Westmed Medical Group is currently seeking a Radiology Supervisor. The Radiology Supervisor efficiently and effectively manages the Radiology sites for the credential and QC requirements, assuring compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards. The schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Radiology department at Westmed Medical Group is recognized and accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BIOCE), mammography, stereo-tactic breast biopsy, ultrasound-guided breast imaging, CAT Scan and MRI. With the recent addition of Hologic 3D mammography systems at two of our sites, high field MRI, and a PET/CT scanner, the GE Discovery 610, we continue to bring the latest technology to the community.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and assist with the site applications for regulatory agencies, NYSDH, FDA, and the ACR.
- Meets and maintains communication with Radiologist and staff at all times.
- Communicate with the physicist with regard to annual, Bi-annual, and acceptance testing.
- Participates in the maintenance of accreditation.
- Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with Director of Radiology, Assistant Director of Radiology, and Site Director.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the section being managed.
- Assist to develop proper work-flow for daily operations and quality services. Demonstrates clinical competency to be measured on an annual basis.
- Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the RT staff to ensure safe and effective operations.
- Monitor staff to make sure everyone understands and complies with departmental policies.
- Assists with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and standards to ensure quality care, efficiency, and procedural compliance.
- Remains proficient in the use of PACS, and other Radiology or Information Management systems as needed.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
- With the Director of Radiology and Assistant Director of Radiology, conducts research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operation tools.
- Ability to maintain continuing education credits and professional licenses required by the New York State Department of Health and ARRT.
- Promote and follow WMG policies, rules, and regulations, to other sites.
- Execution of related duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Graduate of a formal Radiologic Technology Program
- Active certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- ARRT certified with additional specialties strongly preferred
- Mammography experience and certification strongly preferred
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty (ies) as appropriate
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Three years supervisory experience preferred
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart' & “Nice'. Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.