Loyal Source Government Services is looking for a qualified Registered Nurse - Internal Medicine to work with the U.S. Air Force at Luke AFB, AZ as a civilian contractor promoting and restoring patients’ health.
Our employees are our greatest asset! We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and welfare benefits
- Any State License is acceptable
For more information, please contact Kaycee Turner at 321-202-2762, or send a resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of preventive health schedules, disease management and population health principles, and education methods.
- Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits or a working knowledge of the principles of fee-for-services, preferred provider network and managed care/HMO organizations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
Scope of Work:
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assesses patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family, and for the organization.
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans in accordance with established cardiac clinic protocols. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts
If you feel this opportunity is not right for you, please pass along this information and visit our website at www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other current and future positions.