Registered Nurse (RN) - Neurology/Stroke Unit - Cape Fear Valley Health - Fayetteville, NC
Cape Fear Valley Health System is currently seeking a Neurology/Stroke Unit Registered Nurse to join our team.
Excellent Pay & Benefits!
Flexible schedules available!
The Neurology/Stroke Unit Registered Nurse will assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. Neurology/Stroke Unit Nurses will care for pre- and post-operative patients and perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Almost all patients on this 35 bed unit are monitored by telemetry, specifically Neuro and Congestive Heart Failure. Stroke experience and strong Medical Surgical background required. Tasks include but are not limited to:
* Evaluate patients' vital signs or laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
* Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
* Assess patients' pain levels.
* Administer medications.
* Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
* Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs.
* Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
* Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), and other condition stabilizing interventions.
* Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
- At least one year of current RN experience, Required.
- Current licensure in North Carolina as a Registered Nurse or Compact state licensure.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), required.
- ACLS preferred.
- NIH stroke certification preferred.
- Other certifications as required by department.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration