Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Registered Nurse, Vascular Access Specialist – AKDHC Surgery Center
The Registered Nurse, Vascular Access Specialist coordinates the activities and outcomes of the Access Care Coordinators (ACC), Ultrasound Technicians and ancillary office staff. Provides ongoing monitoring of the vascular access program process and services of CKD & ESRD. Provides ongoing education to the ACC’s to ensure the timely patients’ vascular access plan is achieved and plans for any intervention or monitoring will be achieved. This position is responsible for supporting the communication between Surgical and Nephrology ACC and schedulers regarding all aspects of interventional and permanent access planning and placement. The primary goal is to reduce the prevalence of Hemodialysis catheters in new ESRD and chronic ESRD patients. This position supports the success of the diagnostic, surgical and nephrology schedulers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Direct staff performance to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Mentors the ACC liaison relationship between AKDHC Physicians, offices, ASC’s, Access Centers & Dialysis units as well as outside Surgeon’s offices when indicated.
- Participate in access education, early planning and scheduling process for vascular access planning and procedures.
- Monitors all Catheter reports, CKD reports and QA reports to support the practice goal of timely referral and placement.
- Attends and participates in monthly FMC Catheter Conference calls and other committee meetings to represent the Access Center within Arizona Region.
- Participates on committees as directed.
- Monitor Physician Rounds/QA on a daily basis.
- Monitor the review of dialysis unit flows studies on a Monthly basis.
- Track and monitor patient referrals and scheduled appointments.
- Monitors the maintenance of access history and monitoring if patients are being seen on a routine basis.
- Updates and keeps current AKDHC computer program related to access information.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any physician, employee, and patient issues, as well as, overall opportunities for improvement.
- Adheres to strict patient and corporate confidentiality.
- Communicate with physicians on a consistent basis to review goals, issues, and concerns, communicate resolutions and changes to accommodate their needs and expectations.
- Monitor, evaluate, and support activity for physicians, staff, ancillary services by utilizing various reports and modes of communication.
- Serves as liaison and educational resource for patients, Ancillary team, office and dialysis unit staff regarding vascular access planning, care, use, cannulation, and maintenance.