Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest seeks to hire a Research Assistant to work Full Time at (Fort Worth Southwest).
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort Worth, TX
Salary range is Min. $22.83/hr to Max. $31.89/hr – based on relevant experience
• Monday – Friday; 8am-5pm
• Operation of motion capture system
• Operate the motion capture system for the purposes of data collection on research.
• Work in conjunction with clinical biomechanist to collect research data on the Qualisys Motion Capture system.
• Perform movement screenings to local sports clubs with the use of the motion capture system (LEAP and FAST testing) to identify faulty mechanics that might lead to injury and/or re-injury.
• Work in conjunction with sports physical therapists, athletic trainers, and clinical biomechanists to capture pertinent data used for research and clinical treatment of patients
• Research Data Collection - assist in data collection for research purposes including subject recruitment and enrollment.
• Perform testing of subjects on the Qualisys Motion Capture system (to include force plates, EMG), isokinetic dynamometer, diagnostic ultrasound, other equipment, and all other clinical measures.
• Dissemination of Research Data
• Assist in production and assimilation of LEAP and FAST reports following screening of injury risk with athletes.
• Work in conjunction with sports physical therapists, athletic trainers, and sports medicine physicians to use findings from the motion capture to design injury reduction programs for athletes and patients from the community.
• Maintains and enhances professional growth through participation in research meetings, sports medicine grand rounds, professional meetings and contribution to abstracts and manuscripts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree Kinesiology or Health-related field Required
• Master's Degree Kinesiology or Health-related field Preferred
• 6 Months Kinesiology or health-related experience Required
• 2 Years experience in a research or related clinical setting Preferred
• Interest and/or background in sports medicine. Excellent organizational skills.
• Positive interpersonal skills. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Proficient in word documents, power point, and excel spreadsheets.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor