RN - Interventional Radiology Coordinator
Independently performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate care. Also works in collaboration with other health care professionals to provide a comprehensive plan of care to meet the patient/family needs. Responsible for coordinating the IR cases on a daily basis to include add on cases, assisting with the management of patients in prep/recovery, scheduling, coding and maintaining inventory. These duties require considerable experience, skill, knowledge of radiology department and clinical work flow, organization, the ability to multitask, and the ability to work well under pressure. Shift: Monday - Friday 7:30a-4p plus call. Must have leadership experience.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and coordinating patient care. Uses clinical judgment based on nursing skills acquired through formal and informal experiential knowledge and evidence based guidelines to globally assess the patient's situation and through critical thinking and clinical decision making, develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient, with the aim of promoting comfort.
- Coordinates surgical care management across the continuum including planning and collaboration among the health care team. Monitors the care of patients and serves as a liaison to families, patient and staff during hospital experience.
- Accountable that patient care meets standards of safety, effectiveness, patient rights and guest relations.
- Oversees care delivered by patient care team; coordinates plan of care
- Provides education and facilitates learning for patients, families, and patient care team in a way that demonstrates a sensitivity to recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences related to diversity
- Collaborates with physicians, families and other healthcare professionals to assist in developing and implementing an appropriate plan of care in a way that promotes/encourages each person's contributions towards achieving the best patient outcomes.
- Accurately & thoroughly document all patient encounters in EPIC.
- Ensure that Patient Health Information (PHI) is protected and secured at all times.
- Adhere to all infection prevention initiatives (i.e., hand hygiene, proper disposal of waste, etc.)
- Deliver competent and skilled care to patients and families according to their identified needs.
- Will deliver care with a team-orientation, an emphasis on good customer relations, sound clinical judgment and appropriate decision-making abilities that take into consideration evidence based practice
- Continuously inquires about the condition of the patient through the ongoing process of questioning and evaluating the situation and implements treatment changes, if necessary, through collaboration with the health care team, inclusive of the patient and family.
- Maintains a body of knowledge and tools that allow the nurse to manage whatever environmental and system resources exist for the patient/family, within or across healthcare and non-healthcare systems.
Required: Minimum 3-5 years of related clinical experience
Preferred: Leadership experience
The organization is moving towards a BSN workforce. Interested candidates should have a BSN or be in the process of obtaining BSN as this will be required of all direct patient care nurses effective 1/1/2021.
Licenses and Certifications
Required: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas
Required: BLS for Healthcare Providers
Required: PEARS/PALS/NRP/ACLS (Department specific requirements)
In some service areas, Initial Pediatric Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviors (PPMAB) training must be completed within 60 days of hire and renewed annually
Job Family Nursing
Expertise Nursing - Radiology
Job Type Full Time
Location Dallas, Texas ','title':'RN - Interventional Radiology Coordinator