Job ID: 227359
RN - Oncology/ Pensacola, FL/ Sacred Heart Hosp/ FT nights 72 hrs bi weekly
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Oncology
City, State: Pensacola,FL
Location: Sacred Hrt Hosp Pensacola
Department: Oncology Unit 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Night, 72 hrs bi weekly
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida’s leading health care provider – Sacred Heart Health System.
Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
As part of Ascension – the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system – Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership’s support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart – Northwest Florida’s only children’s hospital – and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region’s only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
Provides direct patient care to cancer patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides chemotherapy administration to oncology patients.
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Chemotherapy credentialed from the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS).
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program required.
- Previous clinical experience preferred. One year of experience as a Staff Registered Nurse is required to work PRN.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the Sacred Heart Health System Team, please apply by completing an online application.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.