RN - PACU - Celebration
Florida Hospital Celebration seeks to hire RN who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
Our state-of-the-art Surgical Services area is a diverse and exciting department serving both the general and specialty surgery populations. We handle a wide range of procedures including orthopedics, gynecology, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, urology, peripheral/vascular, plastic-cosmetic, oncology, pediatrics, laser, plastic reconstructive, podiatry, bariatric and neurosurgery. Designed for optimal treatment and patient care, our facilities consist of several units dedicated to specific stages of the surgical services process. Florida Hospital Celebration Health performs robotic surgical procedures, minimally invasive surgery, telesurgeries and webcasts. We began our Global Robotics Institute in January 2008, with two robots in the main OR. The rooms are fully integrated via Storz OR1 to allow for connectivity with our educational center, off-site entities and other facilities.
3/12s; 9am – 9:30pm
*$2,500 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Ability to work as a Team player within a unit
- Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- EKG (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- Professional certification (preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Exhibits desire to learn, teach, mentor and advance nursing skills.
- RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (as applicable): Under the supervision of a manager, assumes authority of the daily operations of the unit/department and is the primary resource nurse for a specific shift. Manages staff accountability and adherence to regulatory requirements. The leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to facilitation of the team dynamics of patient care, patient experience and patient flow including managing staff assignments. Additional management responsibilities include effective conflict resolution, patient/staff rounding and communication, resource utilization, comprehensive hand off communication and completion of unit specific audits/checklists as required or assigned.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with Florida Hospital Celebration and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Registered Nurse, RN, surgical services, surgery, PACU