Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a RN to work Part Time at Texas Health Fort Worth.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $25.00/hr to Max. $50.40/hr – based on relevant experience
1. Basic Human Needs - Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
a. Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
b. Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
c. Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
d. Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
e. Knowledge of human development across the life span
f. Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
g. Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
1. Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
2. Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
3. Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
4. Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
5. Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs 5%
2. Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by:
a. Handling of the body with care
b. Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
c. Calling patients by their preferred name
d. Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
e. Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone 5%
3. Appreciation of Unique Meanings - Concerned with understanding others frame of reference.
The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
a. Using active listening
b. Exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
c. Tolerating both positive and negative ideas or expressions
d. Demonstrating flexibility
e. Eliciting patient values and preferences
f. Recognizing and appreciating diversity
g. Developing personal relationships with patients/significant others 5%
4. Affiliation Needs - Engages family/caregivers in health care situations
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. Required
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
• 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program Required
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred. Upon Hire Required And
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Req And
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program 90 Days Req
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.