This is a 16 week PRN/temporary assignment. Schedules will be made based on shift needs. Candidate must be able to work 4 weekend shifts within a 4 week period. Working one Holiday Block (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years) will be required. Must have two years of experience as a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse and have a current Healthcare Provider CPR/BLS and PALS certification
This position will work in the General Pediatric unit. Performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate care. Works effectively with members of the health care team in the provision of care to patients and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides competent care for families based on practice patterns which reflect new levels of awareness of suffering, patient/family psychosocial needs, and complexity of clinical judgment.
- Assesses and collects data in a comprehensive manner identifying underlying family needs to implement an individualized plan of care.
- Demonstrates competence in the delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluates and revises plan of care based on evolving needs.
- Utilizes problem-solving approaches which compare one situation with another.
- Provides comprehensive, individualized teaching based on identified learning needs of families.
Demonstrates effective use of communication skills.
- Communicates in an accurate, objective manner.
- Recognizes and accesses multidisciplinary team members in meeting identified patient/family needs.
- Responds to verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Identifies problems and reports these to appropriate personnel.
Participates in the development of professional and educational activities.
- Assists in identifying learning needs of staff nurses and other health care workers.
- Assists in developing strategies to meet identified learning needs.
- Supports and/or maintains membership in a professional organization.
- Shares pertinent information gained from professional seminars, conferences, books, or journals.
Demonstrates competence in professional practice. Applies nursing research to clinical practice.
- Seeks evaluation of self from peers and clinically advanced professionals to improve professional practice.
- Incorporates unit based goals into nursing process.
- Is a member of a unit based committee/project/task force.
- Utilizes standards to develop plans of care for primary patients.
- Preceptor for novice/beginners.
Applies nursing research to clinical practice.
- Reads and evaluates current nursing research that has implications for clinical practice.
- Modifies own practice based on nursing research and quality improvement findings.
Evaluates clinical practice to identify problems for potential study.
Participates in research and/or quality improvement activities.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Licenses & certifications
Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas.
Two to three years of clinical experience in pediatrics.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be able to maintain CPR certification unless an exception is identified.
- Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner.
- Must be flexible and adaptable. Conditions and environment are unpredicatble and change frequently.
- Appearance projects a professional image that engenders the confidence of others.
- This job requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients ranging in age from 0 to 18 years.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and must be able to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures.
Physical and emotional health adequate for attendance requirements and performance which may include, but is not limited to: assessment of patient conditions, lifting/transferring patients, appropriate use of technical equipment, and rapid recognition and response to emergency situations.
Job Family Nursing
Expertise Nursing - General Pediatrics
Job Type PRN/Temporary
Location Plano, Texas ','title':'RN - Winter Plan General Pediatrics - Nights (Plano Campus)