Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Scientific Director, Rheumatology Medical Science Liaisons based in the United States. Preference for candidate residing within a commutable distance to Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientific Director is a field based position to lead the development of scientific field strategies for the Rheumatology MSL team and leads the MSL team in implementation of such strategies. The position also leads a region of the Rheumatology Medical Science Liaison (MSL) team in providing scientific support to opinion leaders, investigators, community practitioners and other healthcare providers related to the current and future Janssen Biotech Immunology portfolio within a therapeutic area. This position has direct reporting responsibilities.
- Responsible for the management of a Regional Rheumatology MSL team including: ensuring that team functions are according to the business plan and company directives; performance coaching discussion; providing oversight responsibility for team's training, and ensuring team optimal capacity and field metrics.
- Lead the development of field strategies of the Rheumatology MSL team.
- Monitor and anticipate the changing therapeutic environment impacting opinion leaders and other HCP's understanding of our products data.
- With a high level of scientific acumen, identify initiative opportunities to address OL and other HCP's educational gaps and research opportunities.
- Synthesize MSL applicable scientific information, lead the development of the educational materials/communication tools, and champion the regulatory/legal/HCC approvals.
- Identify research opportunities for the MSL team and partner with the R&D and MA teams to develop a MSL support plan.
- Leads/co-leads the implementation of the Rheumatology MSL Field strategies.
- Responsible for recruitment, coaching, and development of direct reports.
- Responsible for resource allocation within the Rheumatology MSL team.
- Responsible for the establishing broad base clinical/business skills and career development opportunities for their respective team.
- Point of contact and key partnering responsibility with the functional leaders of clinical R&D, MA trial team /Medical / Marketing and HCC/Legal.
- Provide scientific leadership and support to the Medical Affairs Department on a variety of projects and programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. PharmD, PhD, MD highly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of MSL experience is required.
- A minimum of 6+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience, clinical/research experience is required.
- Previous people management responsibility is highly preferred.
- Rheumatology scientific experience is preferred
- Demonstrated track-record of successful business partner cross-functional collaboration, understanding of external healthcare landscape, scientific acumen, and/or clinical research experience is required
- Ability to exhibit strong ability to analyze, develop and execute on customer-facing field strategies is required
- Ability to maintain a home office is required. Up to 70% travel required.
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport; preference for someone residing within commutable distance to Horsham, PA.
- Must be available to attend key strategic/scientific meetings and at the corporate office in Horsham, PA and scientific congresses and conferences, etc.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison