Travels to multiple surgery center and related hospitals/accounts to manage Owens & Minor distribution relationships and to ensure that customer needs are met. Provides problem resolutions while identifying MediChoice, Clinical Procedural Solutions or Ambulatory Surgery Center service opportunities. Provides sales support to Account/Client Executives related to Continuum of Care opportunities on large accounts. May independently perform distribution service support at small accounts. May also work with Continuum of Care partner organizations to ensure coordination of sales, service and support to the broad continuum of care network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Visits assigned Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) hospitals to determine, acknowledge and address the customer's need.
2. Researches new products that ASCs are interested in purchasing. Identifies MediChoice, Clinical Procedural Solutions (CPS) or other service opportunities within assigned accounts and increases penetration while maintaining profitability.
3. Schedules meetings with ASC management and related Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) personnel at hospitals to persuade conversion to Owens & Minor business.
4. Schedules meetings with ASC management and related IDN materials managers and buyers to ensure accuracy and timeliness in purchase orders.
5. Checks inventory to determine ASC usage levels.
6. Prepares cost comparisons for ASCs to justify Owens & Minor distribution.
7. Converts new customer's product numbers to Owens & Minor's product numbers.
8. Acts as liaison between ASC and manufacturers to ensure accuracy of materials and supplies.
9. Acts as liaison between ASC and department heads to ensure smooth conversion.
10. Builds, maintains, grows and supports ASC customer relationships while identifying and pursuing new customer opportunities.
11. Acts as a problem solving and information resource which includes maintaining an in-depth working knowledge of Owens & Minor products, services and CPS.
12. Identifies and targets competitive accounts; Identifies and qualifies all the key "Decision Makers" in all key and target accounts.
13. Coordinates and collaborates with acute sales reps to identify and execute on Continuum of Care opportunities.
14. Creates and delivers Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) as needed by particular customers.
15. Gathers, analyzes and updates customer information in the Salesforce.com database.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Sales & Marketing, Business Administration or Distribution or a related combination of education and experience, required.
Minimum, three (3) years of experience, required in customer service, sales, healthcare or the manufacturing industry, required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Advanced selling techniques, including strategic selling, team selling and consultative/conceptual selling.
Grasp of financial concepts to include cost justification.
Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Ability to create successful sales strategies for Owens & Minor products/services.
Ability to deliver effective presentations to internal and external customers.
Ability to work in a highly autonomous role.
Additional Details How To Apply Amount of Travel Greater than 50%