The Registered Vascular Technologist, under minimal Physician supervision, performs a variety of exams to assess patients for pathology of all the veins and arteries in the body other than the heart. These exams may incorporate a variety of methodology including color Doppler, pulsed wave Doppler and B-mode ultrasound, together with a history and physical exam.
Consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement ofMissionand Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
Demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Performs the following examinations according to approved protocols:
- Venous duplex to assess for the presence and extent of deep vein thrombosis in the upper and lower extremities.
- Arterial segmental pressures and/or arterial duplex exams to assess for the presence and severity of arterial insufficiency of the upper and lower extremities.
- Carotid duplex to identify the presence, severity and location of extra cranial carotid artery disease.
- Aortic duplex to assess for the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm and its size and location.
- Using accepted ICD 9 codes and symptoms assess the appropriateness of the exams, consult the referring physician in the case of discrepancies and modify the exam with referring physician approval.
- Review, evaluate and quantify exam findings based on normal and abnormal values for vascular morphology and physiology with consideration of technical and exam limitations for the purpose of physician interpretation.
- Document and prepare patient records for review and interpretation by physician, including the selection, recording and cross-referencing of significant or representative studies.
- Selects and operates equipment as required.
- Maintains accurate patient records with regard to evaluation results.
- Maintains equipment to assure conformance with specific operational standards. Implement quality assurance program related to calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs RICIS related functions including statusing exams, scheduling, completing and archiving images.
- Performs quality assessment and improvement activities to maintain quality of examinations for the promotion of patient safety and care.
- Following Infection Control Guidelines maintains order and cleanliness of the department.
- Performs clerical support when needed including reception duties, patient scheduling, weekly inventory of department supplies and file maintenance.
Manager, Radiology Department